While most people are staying put or flying home for the holidays, why not do something different this year? Take the ultimate holiday vacation to a dream destination at incredible prices with Groupon vacation deals! If you’ve never used Groupon for your travel needs, don’t worry. Here are a few simple tips to follow in order to make sure you get the best vacation deal for your budget.
1. Research your destination. Take a look at Groupon Getaways and start browsing locations. From domestic to tropical, there are tons of options to help you vacay your way. Once you find a destination that looks too good to be true, consider that is just might be. Start looking into the weather during your booking time, local amenities, tourist attractions, etc. Don’t just rely on the pictures of the resort. Do your homework to be sure you and everyone else will have a great holiday vacation.
2. Get all the facts. Always read the fine print before booking your Groupon Getaway. This will include information on blackout dates, added fees, expiration dates and more. You may find that even with added fees, this will still be a great deal, especially if you are booking something last minute or for a particular location. Either way, it certainly helps to be prepared with all the information you can get.
3. Contact the property. Groupon’s Q&A section allows you to contact the owner/manager of your lodgings directly if you have any questions. And never be afraid to ask questions! Even confirming the details of the Groupon deal with the property manager is a good idea. Save your interactions in case there is a dispute you need to resolve later. Overall, speaking with someone directly associated with where you’ll be staying will provide a good indicator of customer service. If they take forever to get back to you, you may want to look elsewhere.
4. Check reviews from multiple sites. Try to get the big picture on what it’s actually like to stay at your destination. Reviewers not only discuss the lodgings, but also often give advice about the surroundings. Reading reviews is a great way to get all the facts you need before booking.
5. Think about it. Don’t think you have to book right this minute once you have all your ducks in a row. While some Groupons sell out quickly, a lot of them do not. This gives you ample time to really consider whether or not this is the vacation for you. Plus, even if you miss this deal, another great Groupon is bound to pop up soon.
6. Check out Groupon Coupons. If you need to stock up on some essentials for your trip, chances are you can find a Groupon coupon code to cut costs. From vacation clothes to travel electronics, there’s probably a great deal for it at Groupon.
Briana is a shopaholic whose newest obsession is matching top-and-skirt sets (but she also can’t resist a good jumpsuit). She loves rock music, horror movies and is an all-around pop culture junkie. She is, without fail, always down for karaoke. Her blog, Mamafierce, is a chronicle of personal fashion, body positivity and the adventures of motherhood. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband, three-year-old son and tortoiseshell cat, Divvy.