Thanks to the internet, the search for airline tickets, vacation packages, cruise deals and hotel rooms has never been easier. There is no shortage of websites out there to help you find and book the summer travel experience of your dreams. But there are also hundreds of sites out there that only look like a bargain hunter’s dream but could attach added fees, service charges or other strings to your ticket price. In this handy guide, we will introduce you to some of the top names in online budget travel booking and give you tips on how to use their sites to save the most when you book your summer holidays vacation.
Hotels.com offers travel deals for more than 240,000 quality hotels, B&Bs and serviced apartments around the world. Hotels.com is committed to full price transparency so the price you see at the start of the booking will always be the same price you pay at the end. They will even show you comprehensive fee information that gives details of which hotels might have extra charges for things like breakfast, parking or internet access.
• Book one of their Deals of the Day to save up to 50% on your summer vacation, all while earning Cash Back at Ebates.
• Ready for some Memorial Day travel fun? Get up to 40% off your summer holidays booking and vacation in places like California, Hawaii or Washington for less during their Memorial Day Sale.
• Become a Welcome Rewards member and earn points for your stay which can be redeemed for a free night!
With Orbitz, you can book your summer vacation flight, car rental or cruise with the utmost confidence thanks to their Best Price Guarantee. If you find the same booking at a cheaper rate within 24 hours, Orbitz will refund you the difference. When you book your travel with a vacation promo code at Orbitz, you’ll get extra savings and earn Cash Back at Ebates.
• Save an extra 10% when you sign up for Insider Prices. You’ll gain access to exclusive discounts available to members only so you can travel this summer with more money in your pocket.
• Join Orbitz Rewards to earn rewards for your summer vacation travels and redeem your Orbucks on select hotels worldwide. Earn even more with the Orbitz Rewards credit card and Orbitz Rewards Dining program.
Priceline gives you access to over 70,000 hotels in more than 71,000 destinations worldwide and connectivity with all major airlines and car rental brands. With over 38 million verified guest reviews and the highest volume of hotel room nights booked per day, Priceline is a customer-approved site you can trust.
• Search through the Express Deals for savings of up to 60% on select hotels and accommodations this summer.
• When you use Priceline to bid your own price for vacation deals, the number one strategy to know is the “free rebid”. To get around the Priceline policy of not allowing you to raise your bid within 24 hours, use their map to find a nearby zone that doesn’t have any hotels at the same star level as the one you bid on. Add that zone to your bid and you can rebid without the waiting period and without any added risk.
When it comes to making online booking easy, Expedia.com takes the cake. A flight recommendation tool, search saver and itinerary sharing options are just a few of the unique features of their website, which is built specifically to help Expedia customers make smart, informed travel decisions.
• Gain exclusive access to summer travel savings with your mobile device. You’ll see travel deals for up to 40% off, but only with the Expedia App.
• Get an extra 10% off at select hotels when you unlock Member Pricing. It’s free to sign up, all you have to do is sign in for amazing summer savings!
From the latest tech to the hottest fashions and everything in between, the editors at The Smart Shopper are in the know and ready share their expertise. Check out our posts on shopping secrets and product trends for those who live for a little retail therapy.