An entire season of can’t-miss lineups, world-class food-truck cuisine and outdoor partying is unfolding before you — and you’ve decided to dive right in. Good for you! Attending a music festival can seem intimidating, but don’t fret. Let us walk you through some of the highlights of your thought process as you say “yes” to festival season. You’ll have a better idea of what to expect and what to stock up on with Cash Back at Ebates to make the experience that much more enjoyable.
1. If your festival is in the desert, you will immediately try to scan your memories to find another time that you’ve been this hot and sweaty. Even if you do find one, it won’t make you feel any better.
2. You suddenly realize everyone you saw looking cute in their festival wear on Instagram was part of a massive conspiracy theory. Sure, people look fine, but they are basically melting in front of you.
3. “How long have I been standing in this line?”
4. “I’m so happy to be out of that line.”
5. “What do you mean we’re not in yet?”
6. “You mean I have to walk a mile from this line to another line, and THEN I’m in?”
7. The reality of your hanger washes over you.
8. You laugh a bitter I-told-you-so laugh as you enjoy the granola bar you packed that prompted your friends to make mom jokes about your level of preparedness.
9. You’re finally in. A patch of shade and a beverage sound like heaven right about now.
10. Hydrated and recharged, it finally hits you that you’re actually here and what lengths you will go to enjoy good music and good friends.
11. Those warm, fuzzy feelings die as soon as you hit the first Porta Potty. They are quickly replaced by gratitude that you remembered to bring hand sanitizer.
12. The excitement returns when you make your way to the first stage and get to dancing.
13. You decide all this running from stage to stage should count as your cardio for the week.
14. It’s a good thing, too, because that donut ice cream sandwich stand has been calling your name all day.
15. You lose a friend in the shuffle, and, when you see you have no service, wonder how people actually survived without cell phones.
16. “Is a ‘friend lost and found’ a thing?”
17. You collectively decide your friend would have wanted you to move on and enjoy the next act.
18. You turn out to be right, because you spot her two rows back from the stage on the shoulders of a “new friend.”
Briana is a shopaholic whose newest obsession is matching top-and-skirt sets (but she also can’t resist a good jumpsuit). She loves rock music, horror movies and is an all-around pop culture junkie. She is, without fail, always down for karaoke. Her blog, Mamafierce, is a chronicle of personal fashion, body positivity and the adventures of motherhood. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband, three-year-old son and tortoiseshell cat, Divvy.