’Tis the season for sprucing up your space with some merry and bright decorating ideas! Whether you go all out with ceiling-to-floor décor or just want a little splash of holiday style, these easy decorating ideas let you infuse your home with some Christmas spirit. From small spaces to expansive areas, add some cheer to your house with our top home decorating holiday tips! Anything you need to make your home merry and bright, you can find it through Ebates with Cash Back, home decor coupons and promo codes.
1. Welcome Guests With a Festive Entryway. If you’ve already done the basic holiday decorating, like stringing Christmas lights along your roof and decking out your tree, it’s time to spruce up your entryway. Decorating your porch or home entryway is a fun and easy way to send warm holiday wishes to guests and neighbors. Take some of those classic poinsettia plants you have around your house during the holidays and use them to perk up your porch in no time. Add a wreath to your door for some simple festive flair. While you’re out there, why not show your mailbox some love with a garland or some decorative Christmas crafts?
2. String Lights Aren’t Just for Your Tree. Get creative with Christmas lights this year and add them to unexpected places! Wrap them around stair banisters or cluster small string lights among holiday table centerpieces for a warm glow. Lining windows with Christmas lights is a fun way to create a bright border that’s sure to shine from the street. Or if you’re looking for easy holiday party ideas, use string lights to create a simple photo backdrop on a bare wall and host an unforgettable photo shoot that will light up the evening.
3. Choose Your Color Scheme and Carry it Through. Set the perfect holiday mood with color. Go red and green for a classic look, stick with metallic colors like silver and gold for a classy flair or choose all white for an elegant monochromatic touch. Tie your Christmas look together by using the same color scheme in every element from accents and centerpieces to Christmas lights and holiday ornaments.
4. Get Crafty! Add some fa la la to your living area with some festive DIY flair. Use Christmas crafts and homemade projects to give shelves character or add them to tables to take them up a notch. Hang some intricate paper snowflakes and get a winter wonderland look without a big price tag. Kids’ crafts are a fun way to bring your fridge, walls and windows to life, too!
5. Wrapping Paper is a Christmas Decorating Miracle. Wrapping paper is a fun and easy way to accent your home this holiday season. Choose your favorite patterns and use it to cover a small wall, molding, tables, cupboards and more. You can even use it to cover photos and create “hanging presents” on your walls. While you’re at it, grab some classic adhesive Christmas bows and stick them around the house for a wonderfully whimsical touch that both kids and adults love!
6. Holiday Cards Come in Handy. Showcase all those heartfelt holiday cards you get from friends and family by turning them into DIY Christmas décor. Easily string them together or tape them to a wall or the fridge for some added holiday love. Plus, these types of holiday decorations become keepsakes you can bring out year after year!
7. Fill Vases and Jars With Christmas Magic. Use mason jars, fruit bowls, clear vases or glasses to create stunning home displays. Fill them with extra Christmas ornaments, festive pinecones, glitter and more holiday accessories for instant accents. Layer them up to create visual interest and cool patterns or use all the same item for a bold look.
8. Get in Touch With Mother Nature. Natural wintery accents can be found just about anywhere. Collect sprigs of greenery or bare branches and showcase them in vases for simple yet elegant accents. You can even add extra embellishments you might already have in your stash of decorating ideas, like ribbons and glittery goodness.
9. Add a Warm Glow With Candles. Whether you use kid-friendly LED candles or the real deal, candles will create soft lighting and a gorgeous glow. Combine floating candles, tea lights and tall pillar candles to design your own display for an easy addition to your holiday decorating ideas.
10. Rock Ribbons. Use simple ribbons to adorn chair backs, pillows, door handles and more for a super simple way to accent your ambiance. Red ribbons are a classic go-to for the ultimate Christmas touch.
11. Make Your Mantel Merry. Make your fireplace the focal point that ties your room together. Add a garland, extra ornaments or small empty boxes wrapped like Christmas gifts for the perfect pop.
Now that you’ve got our favorite holiday tips for decorating your space, you can create your own winter wonderland in no time with plenty of ideas using supplies you probably already have around the house or stashed in your holiday storage boxes. Be sure to share your top decorating ideas with us below! Happy decorating and happy holidays from all of us at Ebates!
Prices and Cash Back percentages are subject to change.