Store Link Not Working?
Some programs that you may have installed can update the "Hosts" file of your computer. This may cause problems with the Ebates program.
In many cases, you will not be able to reach our store sites if your Hosts file has been altered.
You can update your Hosts file so that you can use Ebates store links again. We have provided some instructions below for you to follow.
If you are using Windows XP, click here for XP specific instructions.
- 1. Launch the finder using the Windows + F keys.
- 2. Click on the "Advanced search" down arrow to the right to expand the search fields.
- 3. From "Location" drop down menu, select C: drive.
- 4. In the "Name" field, type "hosts" (without the double quotes).
- 5. Check the box "Include non-indexed, hidden, and system files". Click the "Search" button to search.
- 6. Double click the file "hosts" and click "open".
- 7. Select notepad in the program list, and click "ok".
- 8. Look for any lines that contain the following domains:
If you find any, enter a pound symbol # at the beginning of the line. Then save and exit the file.
- Click here to see a larger image for steps 2 through 7.