It’s that time of year again, the time to file your taxes. Whether you’re a veteran expert, a loophole whiz, or a first time filer, we can all use a little refresher on the best ways to maximize our returns and minimize our liabilities. It might not be the most fun thing in the world, but filing your taxes doesn’t need to be a total drag. We’ve got you covered with tips for filing your taxes this year as well as where to get Cash Back while doing so.
1. Don’t put it off until the last minute. While taxpayers don’t need to file their 2014 taxes until April 15, 2015, it’s never a good idea to wait until the final days to do it. Aside from running the risk of penalties, you might not leave yourself enough time to look into all of your possible deductions and credits thoroughly. And if you’re eligible for a tax return, who wants to wait for that check? Once you’ve finished filling your taxes, it’ll be a huge relief, and you can look forward to spending those returns on Amazon using Ebates cash back and coupons!
2. Hunt for deductions. Filing your taxes might seem exhausting, but hunting for the deductions you’re eligible to receive can be fun in its own way. Things like moving more than 50 miles for a new job, donating clothes and household items to charity, or even job hunting can help you save money on your taxes, so it’s worth tracking your expenses and holding onto those receipts.
3. Determine whether to file jointly or separately. While the vast majority of married couples chose to file their taxes jointly to save time, it’s not always the best strategy to maximize your savings. Try calculating your taxes both ways to determine which will be more financially advisable. It might take more time, but the savings are totally worth the extra elbow grease.
4. Use TurboTax. Around four out of five taxpayers file their taxes electronically, and have done so for the past three years. One of the most common ways they’re doing it? TurboTax. The super user-friendly tax filing service is clear, efficient with your time, and directs you to potential deductions.
5. Use TurboTax coupons & coupon codes.
While the basic TurboTax service is free of charge, additional features and premium services are charged accordingly. But fear not, TurboTax coupons and coupon codes from Ebates can give you substantial savings on your filing fees, so you don’t have to cut into your return before it even arrives.
Filing your taxes might take a while to wrap up, but you’ll feel great once it’s done!
Stay in the loop to hear about great deals and tips! Follow Ebates on Facebook and Twitter!
From the latest tech to the hottest fashions and everything in between, the editors at The Smart Shopper are in the know and ready share their expertise. Check out our posts on shopping secrets and product trends for those who live for a little retail therapy.