The love of makeup sometimes make us do crazy things. And being surrounded by a magical rainbow of palettes and powders upon entry into any Sephora can bring out our inner beauty beast in seconds flat. Here is the breakdown of what happens to us all, whether you’re a noob Beauty Insider or a pro-level Sephora VIB.
1. You enter the Dragon’s Lair prepared with a few practical things on a mental list. “Just a refill on my foundation and an eyelash curler, please and thank you.”
2. You say “No, thank you” to the lovely cast member (that’s her actual title, BTW) who offers you a basket because you’re just here for foundation, an eyelash curler and maybe that blue-based red lipstick she’s wearing because it’s stunning.
3. IT BEGINS.
4. You notice they’ve rearranged the store, moving the Urban Decay display to the front where you can easily see they are having a build-your-own palette special.
5. You dip one finger (a finger, not a tester brush because remember, you’re not really shopping for eyeshadow. Just foundation, an eyelash curler and definitely that red lipstick) into dreamy orange Fireball. How it sparkles.
6. You play the “I just want to hold it” game that you used to play with your mom at the grocery store to see if she would break down and buy you a toy if you took it up to the register with sad puppy dog eyes.
7. Then you realize you’re a grown-up with your own money and you can treat yourself for all the adulting you did this week. Plus, you have a Sephora gift card and gifts are meant to be enjoyed, right?
8. And then you remember the Sephora return policy that lets you bring back any item, even if it’s open and used, for a full refund. So if you can’t pull off that Fireball like you pictured, there’s no risk. Now you’d just be insane not to get it.
9. You finally locate the red lipstick and notice it has a sister, a sultry deep merlot. You test it out on your hand.
10. You think, “What type of eye would I wear with this?” You test a matte gray shadow on your hand.
11. You test a bronze blush. It’s too bronze.
12. You test a mauve.
13. That would go perfectly with a plum lip. You test a plum lip.
14. You suffer a test-frenzy induced black out and come to with a full-blown swatch hand.
15. “Hi. Yes, I will take a basket after all, thanks.” She actually has to hold the basket while you empty your grimy little hands into the basket in order to take the basket.
16. A cast member notices you using the complimentary makeup remover to return your hand to its normal monochrome hue and reminds you about the magic that is Sephora Color IQ, no swatch hand required.
17. Exhausted, you get in line to buy the stuff in your basket.
18. You see a charcoal face mask while in line and obviously need that too.
19. You blow all your Beauty Insider points on a face primer sample. Something’s gotta keep all this in place!
21. You leave.
22. You get home.
23. You realize you forgot the foundation and eyelash curler.
25. You wonder why you didn’t do this in the first place.
26. You remember. You miss your swatch hand.
|See All Sephora Coupons
Shop Sephora with 4% Cash Back
Prices and Cash Back percentages are subject to change.