The most magical time of year is here! Thousands of people travel during the bustling holiday season and maneuvering through the wide array of travel deals can be a challenge. Did you know the time and day you book your flights can impact costs? No worries! Thankfully, Orbitzmakes it easy to get over the river and through the woods on a budget. Whether you’re going to grandma’s house or just want to vacay your way, head to Orbitz.com for last minute travel deals and flights that’ll get you where you want to go for less. The trusty travel gurus at Orbitz took a look at holiday fare trends and determined some of the best times to book flights for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Check out these six insider tips for finding the best travel deals at Orbitz.com this holiday season.
1. The Sooner, The Better. Sorry, procrastinators. According to Orbitz.com’s Holiday Travel Guide, booking about 1-2 months prior to a major holiday can get you the best deals on cheap flights. For example, if you have Christmas plans, the best time to book flights is early to mid-October. Some savings trickle into early November, but you’ll get the most bang for your buck with holiday flight fares about 5% lower than average in early fall. After the first week in November, end-of-the-year travel deals are typically at average prices and inflate about 5% higher than average about a week prior to a holiday.
2. Orbitz.com’s Secret Week Specials. A report from Orbitz suggests that October 5-12 is the “secret week” to purchase cheap flights before prices increase for travel around Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Prices for this week are 5% lower than average, making it the ideal week to save. Specifically, October 6th is the best day to book Thanksgiving fares, while October 9th is the best day to purchase Christmas fares and October 10th is the best time to book flights for New Year’s Eve.
3. Join Orbitz Rewards and Save.Orbitz Rewards lets you immediately earn rewards on travel and instantly redeem on hotels. Rack up your Orbucks ($1 Orbuck = $1 USD) for instant vacation gratification this holiday season. You can even get limited-time bonus deals where you rack up extra Rewards points. No matter when you book and how many Orbucks you earn, you can count on saving even more on every booking with Cash Back at Ebates.
4. Online Deal Codes are Your Ticket to Saving More. The holidays can be an expensive time, so saving money on flight deals is crucial. Pair Orbitz.com’s Best Price Guarantee with extra savings offers from Orbitz promo codes and you’ve got the cheapest flight deals online! Plus, Orbitz coupon codes and last minute travel deals mean you’ll fly away for less.
5. Get 6% Back on Every Flight with an Orbitz Rewards Visa Card. With no annual fees and a $50 statement credit when you spend $200, the Orbitz Rewards Visa is one of the most rewarding travel cards around. Upon approval, you’ll start earning 6% back in Orbucks on all flights, plus 2% back in Orbucks on all other purchases. You can redeem your rewards at any time, with no blackout dates, for the ultimate way to save on holiday travel.
6. Book Together and Save up to $775. While Orbitz.com offers the best flight deals online, you can also score amazing travel deals when you book flights, hotels and rental cars at the same time. Bundle up and save up to $775 on your holiday travel plans.
Now that you’re equipped with our favorite tips and tricks for saving at Orbitz, including Cyber Monday Orbitz travel deals, booking holiday travel on a budget will be a breeze. Be sure to book through Ebatesfor the lowest Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve travel deals this year. Wishing you happy and safe travels this holiday season!
From the latest tech to the hottest fashions and everything in between, the editors at The Smart Shopper are in the know and ready share their expertise. Check out our posts on shopping secrets and product trends for those who live for a little retail therapy.