Cyber Monday is just around the corner! ‘Tis the season for unbeatable sales, the best deals of the year and of course, online shopping in your pajamas. Cyber Monday is a fairly recent construct that originated about 10 years ago after market research determined that the Monday following Thanksgiving was one of the most popular online shopping days of the year. Maneuvering through the incredible array of Cyber Monday sales can be a bit overwhelming without the perfect online shopping plan in place. Never fear! We want to make sure this Cyber Monday is your best yet. So, kick off your holiday shopping season right and check out some of our favorite tips for saving big this Cyber Monday!
1. Have a Game Plan: Before the Cyber Monday deals even start, you need a basic blueprint of who, what and where. Create a comprehensive list of what you want to buy, whether you’re looking to treat yourself or stock up on Christmas gifts for the whole family. Keep track of who you’re shopping for, their top gift ideas and which websites you want to visit. You can use an Excel, type notes in your phone or kick it old school and scribble it down in a notebook. No matter your plan, a clear list will help you stay focused so you don’t get distracted by all the bright and shiny Cyber Monday sales. Side note, don’t limit yourself to just buying holiday gifts. If you see an unbeatable birthday gift for a friend or family member, why not grab it now and save it for later?
2. Know Your Stuff: In order to get the best Cyber Monday deals, you’ll need to do a little research. Do some browsing at your favorite retailers to determine where you’ll find the best online shopping sales on everything from discount electronics to clothes for the whole family. Set yourself apart from amateur online shoppers and be sure to visit Ebates for quick and easy access on Cyber Monday morning. Remember, Cyber Monday is one of the most popular online shopping days of the year, so deals run out fast and furiously. Refer back to your bookmarks throughout the day to stay up to date on the latest and greatest promotions. A little pre-planning is all it takes to take Cyber Monday by storm!
3. Be a Social Butterfly: Scoring the ultimate deal of the day at your favorite retailer means you may need to be in the know regarding their Cyber Monday plans. Start liking your favorite online shopping sites on social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get their latest sale announcements and exclusive insider access to any Cyber Monday specials. Be sure to sign up for emails and newsletters for easy access to Cyber Monday news delivered directly to your inbox. Go one step further and create a Cyber Monday folder in your email inbox for super speedy reference if needed.
4. Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Moe – Comparison Shop ‘Til You Drop: Thankfully, online shopping means you have the freedom to go from here to there in seconds. Keep multiple tabs open in your web browser to quickly compare like items from different retailers to get the best prices. That TV you’ve had your eye on just might be significantly cheaper just a click away, so don’t be afraid to play favorites.
5. Promo Codes Are Your Friend: Take advantage of extra savings thanks to essentials like promo codes, coupon codes and even Cash Back at Ebates. From free shipping offers to an additional percentage off your purchase, retailers may feature more ways to boost Cyber Monday savings so be sure to keep an eye out.
6. Be a Team Player: If you’re online shopping for a number of people, you might consider dividing and conquering your game plan with a trusty family member. Teaming up will help you get the best Cyber Monday deals faster to ensure you don’t miss out. You can divide your list by person or category to knock it out in no time flat.
7. Budget Like Nobody’s Business: We totally get it. All those Cyber Monday deals are super tempting. But, there’s nothing worse than blowing your budget on things you really don’t need. So, keep yourself in check by picking a number and sticking to it. Consider setting aside a little bit of holiday shopping money every month so you’ll have your budget locked when Cyber Monday rolls around. That’ll soften the blow to your overall budget since you already knew it was coming.
8. Chill Out: Just remember that everyone and their dogs are online shopping for the best Cyber Monday sales. Sites could be slower than normal, but stick with it and you’re bound to score some great deals! Be sure to shop from a reliable computer or mobile device that offers a fast and secure Internet connection to limit glitches and save your sanity.
Follow these simple tips to polish your Cyber Monday shopping skills and save like a champ. We’d love to hear from you! What are some of your favorite Cyber Monday online shopping tips? Tell us below.
Prices and Cash Back Percentages are subject to change.