You’ve got the dress, and now it’s time to complete your breathtaking bridal look. With all the styles of bridal jewelry out there, this can be an overwhelming task. Which pieces should you focus on? Should you go with a statement necklace or some classic pearl earrings? A jeweled headband or a gold bracelet? Before you start combing through accessories deals with Cash Back at Ebates, let us walk you through some simple tips for what to look for, from metals to shapes. We’ll help you make sure your wedding jewelry is cohesive, tasteful and, more importantly, all you.
Narrow It Down
Before you start browsing or hunting down accessories coupons, consider comfort as a way to narrow down which types of jewelry you would like to complete your look. Do you normally wear big earrings or rock a bib necklace? Statement pieces like these can feel bulky and awkward if you’re not used to them. Your wedding day is going to be lovely but long, so do your best to make yourself comfortable.
Choose Your Metals
Certain metals will match best with certain wedding dress colors, while others will clash and distract from your overall look. Here is a quick guide to which metals and colors are a match made in heaven:
- Pure white gown = silver or platinum (Pearls also go best with pure white for a classic look.)
- Champagne gown = yellow gold
- Off-white gown = all of the above
Whichever metal you choose, we think keeping it consistent and not mixing metals will put all the focus on your dress where it belongs!
Know Your Neckline
Your gown’s neckline will help you determine which kind of bridal necklaces to go with — or whether a necklace will work with your dress at all. Remember, with earrings, bracelets and cocktail rings at your fingertips with accessories coupons at Ebates, the possibilities are limitless.
- High necklines and halters: The best jewelry to highlight this cut is dangling earrings or hair jewelry, such as headbands or hair clips. Pair with a simple bracelet to evenly disperse visual interest without overdoing it.
- Strapless: Opt for a bib, choker or simple pendant that lies just at the collarbone to give your beautiful shoulders the spotlight.
- V-neck: A long chain or lariat will elongate your neckline even further for a dramatic look fit for the red carpet.
Bottom Line: Be Yourself
Remember, these are just suggestions. Your wedding look is all about you! Maybe you want to match perfectly with your bridesmaids’ jewelry or mix metals or pair modern jewels with a vintage dress. We say go for it! Play around with your accessories until you find yourself staring in the mirror at the most fabulous woman you have ever seen.