The holiday shopping season is upon us, and with it comes a whole set of questions. What are the hottest gifts? Who’s buying what for whom, and who’s hardest to shop for? The results of Ebates’ 2015 holiday survey are in. Here’s what we found out:
What Adults Want vs. What Teens Want
- Clothing or shoes: 69% of adults vs. 68% of teens
- Laptop: 35% of adults vs. 33% of teens
- iPhone or Samsung Galaxy: 35% of adults and 35% of teens
- Vacation: 32% of adults vs. 21% of teens
Star Wars Toys Are Not as Popular
Sorry, Star Wars. A mere 19% of adults would like to receive a Star Wars toy this year, and even fewer teens (only 9%).
60% of Americans Have Unrealistic Holiday Budgets
- 28% of Americans plan to spend between $250 and $500 on holiday gifts this year.
- 20% plan to spend between $100 and $250.
- 12% plan to spend less than $100.
A Small Percentage of Big Spenders
- 26% of Americans plan to spend between $500 and $1,000 this holiday season.
- 15% of Americans will go big this holiday season, with spending over $1,000.
Who Are We Spending the Most On?
- 35% of American adults said their children.
- 29% said significant others.
- 20% said they’d be spending the most on their parents.
Across the Board, Parents Are Hardest to Shop For
- 39% of teens say Mom is hardest to shop for.
- 42% say Dad is the most difficult.
- 31% of adults find Mom hardest to shop for.
- 30% of adults say Dad is hardest.
- 31% of adults say their significant other is the trickiest to shop for.
Bosses and Siblings Are Easiest
- A whopping 95% of American adults said their bosses are easiest to shop for.
- 88% of adults and 87% of teens say their siblings give them the least trouble.
Our Holiday 2015 Survey left us with some interesting conclusions:
- Bosses are some of the easiest people to shop for.
- Parents’ and teens’ holiday gift preferences are not all that different.
- No one wants Star Wars stuff this year. (Come on, seriously?)
- Adults want a vacation way more than teens do.
OK, maybe that last one isn’t especially surprising.
Happy holidays from Ebates!
Want to share our infographic on your site? Just copy and paste the text below!
Prices and Cash Back Percentages are subject to change.