Autumn is one of the most beautiful times of the year. You get to witness the majesty of nature and how it changes before your eyes as a whole new color palette forms. These changes bring along fun seasonal activities that all ages can enjoy. Gather up your family and friends and check out these fun fall activities that won’t have you digging deep into your pockets.
1. Reach up high to pick some apples. When the next rainy day comes around, you can use your freshly picked apples to make pies, muffins, caramel apples and more.
2. Hit up the local pond with stale bread and feed the ducks. Pack a picnic and a blanket to make the trip even more memorable.
3. Take advantage of the autumn breeze and go fly a kite. For an extra challenge, make your own kite for a family-fun project.
8. Enjoy homemade ice cream in a can. It’s easy enough for toddlers and kids to make. Follow this recipe and roll back and forth before enjoying this tasty treat.
9. Plan a pumpkin patch day. Instead of buying your pumpkin from the local grocery store, head to a pumpkin patch and pick one out for a fun night of jack-o-lantern carving. After carving the pumpkins, gather up the seeds for roasting!
10. Rake up all the leaves into a pile and jump into them. Just make sure to wear clothes you’re okay with getting a bit dirty!
11. Create an outdoor fall scavenger hunt. Have your little ones look for pumpkins, acorns, scarecrows, fallen leaves and more.
12. Collect leaves and make a leaf rubbing for handmade fall home decor. Enjoy quality time with the family while beautifying your home for very little money.
13. Volunteer to help others. Find your local food bank or soup kitchen and see how you can donate your time or host a local food drive in your neighborhood.
14. Warm up during cool evenings with a campfire. Roast hot dogs and veggies and finish off with delicious s’mores. End the night with some spooky “ghost stories” (as long as the little ones don’t get too scared!)
Whether you do these activities with your friends, significant other or family, enjoy the changing seasons while saving more. Look for more autumn activities at LivingSocial and Groupon and get Cash Back at Ebates.
Prices and Cash Back Percentages are subject to change.
From the latest tech to the hottest fashions and everything in between, the editors at The Smart Shopper are in the know and ready share their expertise. Check out our posts on shopping secrets and product trends for those who live for a little retail therapy.