(May 1, 2018 – May 6, 2018)
The “Ebates Mother’s Day Facebook Giveaway” (the “Sweepstakes”) are subject to these Official Rules except as expressly stated otherwise. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Ebates Inc., 160 Spear St, 19th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105 (the “Sponsor”).
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on May 1, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. (“Start Date”) Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends May 6, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. PT (“End Date”) according to Sponsor’s time clock (“Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will conduct one  drawing (“Drawing”) of all qualified entries received during the Sweepstakes. Qualified entries will NOT roll over to the next Sweepstakes.
Once you have your accounts set up, you may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting www.ebates.com or www.facebook.com/ebatesshopping, and clicking on the Ebates Giveaway link, and following the entry instructions (“Web Entry”). Upon submission of the Web Entry, Entrant shall be eligible to post three (3) comments, each comment tagging a different friend on the Ebates Facebook page (each a “Social Entry”). Limit (3) Social Entries via Facebook. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor.
All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT by the Sweepstakes end date according to Sponsor’s time.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Ebates account was opened. Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible Entries and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false and to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules.
5. Odds: Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Prizes: If eligible under these Official Rules, one  Selected Entrant will receive the following prize: An assortment of items including a makeup case, beauty products, perfume, candle, and cookies with an approximate retail value of $400.
7. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Selected Entrant cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business. Selected Entrant is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes on prize. Gift card prizes are subject to the issuer’s Terms and Conditions. All activities related to the prize are at the Selected Entrants’ own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities. If prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Selected Entrant does not accept or receive a prize for any reason, prize will be forfeited.
8. Winner Selection and Notification of Selected Entrant: One  Entrant will be selected at random by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received by the respective Individual Sweepstakes Drawing Dates according to the chart below (“Selected Entrant”).
Drawing Date: May 7, 2018
The Selected Entrant will be notified by the email, text or through Facebook, according to Sponsor’s sole discretion, to the address provided at the time of entry. Selected Entrant will be required to respond (as directed) within one (1) day of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case Sponsor may randomly select alternate Selected Entrants from among the remaining eligible entries, up to three (3) attempts. Selected Entrant may also be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Unless restricted by law, Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within five (5) days from the date of notification. An alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a Selected Entrant, up to three (3) attempts: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Selected Entrant will receive the Prize electronically or by mail within approximately thirty (30) days of the date on which the Sponsor receives the completed, signed Release from the Selected Entrant (exact timing subject to change based upon availability of Prize). In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, each entry will be declared made by the name and relevant information submitted at time of entry.
Limit one (1) prize per person. Due to the frequency of Ebates’ Giveaways, no Entrant (or individual) may obtain more than one (1) promotional prize in a period of consecutive twelve (12) months. Unless otherwise specified in a Giveaway, the total aggregated prize in the Entrant’s lifetime as an Ebates member cannot exceed $500 in cash value (this includes any member that deactivates an Ebates account then subsequently re-activates or opens a new account).
9. Publicity: By participating in the Sweepstakes, any Entrant in the Sweepstakes, irrevocably grants the Sponsor and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Entrant’s, name, likeness, biographical information in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Sweepstakes or other promotions, and hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
10. General Conditions: By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in our opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant and Selected Entrant will be required to provide an IRS Form W-9. Entrants may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Sweepstakes. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
11. Limitations of Liability: If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the same Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period. Selected Entrant also agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releasees are not responsible for computer malfunctions, network connections, email delivery problems, systems failure or incompatibility, typographical, technical or key-stroke errors, or interruptions in your internet service, and for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen notifications. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
12. Disputes: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to conduct a search will be deemed to be the entrant. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Sweepstakes Results: For Sweepstakes results and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope (stating the specific Sweepstakes you are requesting the winners for) to Ebates Weekly Sweepstakes, c/o Ebates Inc., 160 Spear St, 19th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105. Requests must be received within 90 days of the end of the Sweepstakes.
© 2018 Ebates Inc. All rights reserved.