No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning.
The Ebates $500 Giveaway to Getaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Ebates Inc., 160 Spear Street, Suite 1900, San Francisco, CA 94105 (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes is governed by these Ebates $500 Giveaway to Getaway Sweepstakes Rules (“Official Rules”).
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on August 23, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. (“Start Date”) Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends August 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. PT (“End Date”) according to Sponsor’s time clock (“Sweepstakes Period”).
5. Odds: Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable drawing.
6. Winner Selection and Notification of Potential Winner: Five (5) potential winners will be selected on August 31, 2018 at 11:59 a.m. PT at random by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received for that Daily Period (the “Potential winner”).
The Potential winners will be notified by private message through the social media platform, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, using the information provided at the time of entry. Potential winners will be required to respond (as directed) within forty-eight (48) hours of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case Sponsor may randomly select an alternate potential winner from among the remaining eligible entries, up to three (3) attempts. Potential winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”) and a W-9 tax form within forty-eight (48) hours from the date of notification. An alternate potential winner for any Daily Period may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries for that Daily Period if potential winner, up to three (3) attempts: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to prove eligibility, obtain all signatures on the Release and/or return any documents or information required by Sponsor in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason.
7. Prize: Five winners will receive $500 each deposited in the winners’ Ebates accounts. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes as well as all costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. Winner is not permitted to transfer or substitute prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person for the entire Sweepstakes.
8. Publicity: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant irrevocably grants the Sponsor and its successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Entrant’s, name, likeness, and biographical information, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, for any purpose and in any manner, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Sweepstakes or other promotions, throughout the world in perpetuity, and hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
10. General Conditions: By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Sponsor’s website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law including, criminal prosecution.
11. Restrictions: The prize consists of only those items specifically described as part of this specific Sweepstakes. Sponsor may at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion provide different prizes of equal or greater value. Sponsor shall not be liable to any Winner or any person claiming through such Winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
12. Limitations of Liability: If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the same Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use or acceptance of any prize, or (ii) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, delayed, garbled or damaged communications, Releases, email or mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to, hacking, tampering, unauthorized human intervention or due to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof). The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
13. Disputes: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regards to its conflict of laws principles. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to conduct a search will be deemed to be the entrant. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. Sweepstakes Results: For names of the winners, log onto http://www.ebates.com/blog/ebates-winners-circle/. Winners list becomes available after completion of the Sweepstakes.
© 2018 Ebates Inc. All rights reserved.