When your online-shopping order finally arrives in your mailbox, it is a day to celebrate. But wouldn’t it be so much better if your purchase did some good in the world as well?
Shop our list of stores that give back, and get the goods you want while helping those in need. You’ll love what these charitable stores are doing to make a difference in the world. Plus, when you shop with Ebates, you’ll earn Cash Back on your purchases while you’re shopping for a good cause. It’s a win-win!
Tomsis not only becoming a household name in comfy footwear, but it’s also gaining a reputation for its “One for One” slogan. For every pair of shoes you purchase, the company gives a pair to a child in need. But the company’s good work doesn’t stop there. For each eyewear purchase, Toms provides sight-saving surgery or prescription glasses for a person in need. When you purchase a bag, the company provides training for birth attendants and materials to ensure children are born safely all over the world. Toms also sources jobs in the countries in which it donates, and has given to support the eradication of diseases.
• Sale items still provide to those in need while saving you 25 percent.
• Sign up for emails and save 10 percent on your initial order with a promo code.
• Shop often to find free-shipping offers with minimum purchase.
• Sign up for Toms Passport Rewards and earn stamps toward rewards and get exclusive savings.
Better World Books accepts book donations and sells those books to be enjoyed by another reader. The company has raised funds to help literacy programs while keeping books out of landfills. Every purchase also provides a book donation to someone in need.
• Save up to 90 percent when you shop used textbooks.
• The Bargain Bin offers three books for $10 or four books for $12, so you can save big on your next order.
• Shop for good and get free shipping worldwide.
National Geographic has always been about making a difference, and your purchase is no different. Every item delivered to your door will help this nonprofit in its pursuit of conservation, exploration, research and education. You’ll find gifts and gadgets to enjoy at home or during your next travel excursion.
• Save up to 70 percent on jewelry, clothing, books and more with sale items.
• With the corporate gift program, you can get up to 25 percent off corporate purchases that meet the minimum order requirements.
• Sign up for emails to get the latest discounts and special offers.
ASOS Africatakes its Fashion With Integrity program to the next level with a fashion line specifically for a cause. When you purchase an ASOS Africa or Jessica Ogden for ASOS item, the company donates $9 to find solutions to help the Kenyan economy. In addition, each item is made in Kenya to promote jobs and support SOKO, a workshop with the same values.
• Save up to 70 percent with special sale items. Dresses, tops, jeans and accessories are all marked down to a fraction of their original price.
• Students registered with UNiDAYS save an extra 10 percent on every purchase.
• Get unlimited two-day shipping when you sign up for Premier Delivery.
Over the years, Build-A-Bear Workshop has donated more than $46 million through its Share Your Heart Program in partnership with Petfinders, Toys for Tots, Huggable Heroes, Make-A-Wish, Save the Children and Barnardo’s.
• Shop outlet goods to save up to 40 percent off special items.
• During special holiday sales events, get great deals like buy one, get one 40 percent 0ff.
• Join the Stuff Fur Stuff program and earn points toward a $10 certificate.
• Spend $40 or more and get free shipping on your order.
The Petco Foundation helps find loving homes for thousands of pets every year. The foundation funds animal programs such as cancer research and therapy-pet initiatives to help make the world a little better for our furry and not-so-furry friends.
• Shop sale items and save up to 50 percent on toys, food and supplies for your pet.
• Save up to 20 percent when you get your pet’s food automatically delivered to your door, plus get a $30 e-gift card when you enroll.
• Earn 5 percent back on all purchases with Petco Pals Rewards.
When looking for charitable companies, Kohl’s is a leader in the giving department. Purchase select children’s books or a corresponding plush toy to support kid’s health and wellness programs and environmental initiatives. The Kohl’s Cares program gives 100 percent of its profits to charity, with nearly $300 million raised.
• Save up to 70 percent during clearance events, and get up to 80 percent off with final clearance items.
• Shop during the Kohl’s Cash program to earn $10 for every $50 you spend.
• With Yes2You Rewards, you’ll earn a $5 reward when you earn 100 points.
From the latest tech to the hottest fashions and everything in between, the editors at The Smart Shopper are in the know and ready share their expertise. Check out our posts on shopping secrets and product trends for those who live for a little retail therapy.