When it comes to keeping little tummies full, healthy ingredients and a steep grocery bill are always top concerns. Quickness and convenience are also key when it comes to snacking with a busy schedule.
But making your kids’ snacks can be affordable, healthy and even easy when you make large batches that will last you the whole week. Plus, some of these healthy snack recipes are kid-chef friendly and easy to make with some little helping hands. Check out these 12 money-saving healthy kids’ snacks your brood will go bananas over.
1. No-Bake Granola Bites These sugar- and flour-free bites are better than cookies, and they make for a quick breakfast or after-lunch snack on the go.
via Gimme Some Oven
2. Sesame-Ginger Roasted Chickpeas Younger kids can be a little finicky about eating meat, which is why beans are a vital source of the protein, iron and fiber all kids need. These mouthwatering roasted chickpeas are the perfect substitute for fatty potato chips or buttery crackers.
via Honk If You’re Vegan
3. Baked Apple Chips These simple apple chips will be an instant hit if your kids want a nice crunch or something sweet. Bake up big batches and bag them for later — your kids will always want more.
via The Viet Vegan
4. Cheesy Broccoli Bites Adding cheese to veggies is a classic trick for getting kids to eat their greens, but these are just ridiculously delicious.
via Super Healthy Kids
5. Black Bean Brownies Beans are magical little bits of healthiness, and these delectable brownies are as simple as they are scrumptious.
via Minimalist Baker
6. Spicy Kale Chips Ditch the Lay’s and get your kids to love munching on these crunchy greens with a little kick.
via One Green Planet
7. Grape Poppers On those rare occasions you want to give your kids a sugary treat, these candy-coated poppers can still be an opportunity to give them their daily serving of fruit. You can also swap the sprinkles for chopped nuts!
Briana is a shopaholic whose newest obsession is matching top-and-skirt sets (but she also can’t resist a good jumpsuit). She loves rock music, horror movies and is an all-around pop culture junkie. She is, without fail, always down for karaoke. Her blog, Mamafierce, is a chronicle of personal fashion, body positivity and the adventures of motherhood. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband, three-year-old son and tortoiseshell cat, Divvy.